Sunday, February 6, 2011

Nessie and the world in English

Hello everybody!
I have come to the conclusion, that everything works better in English. So from now on, also this blog will be in English. There were many things that lead to this. First of all, studying this stuff in English and getting to answer it (classes, papers I have to write). In Finland we read these same books in English, and then we have to come up with our answers in Finnish, which kinda sucks, considering that the vocabulary isn't the same and for some things we really don't even have words for. Besides that, all my thoughts have started to roll in my head and come out in English.

I'm experiencing my first Super Bowl at this very moment. Starting to love the game already, GO GREEN BAY PACKERS! Everything's just crazy because of the game. Packers are from Wisconsin (Green Bay), not far away from here and they're playing very well. People are just spinning!

The sad news is, that I'm really starting to run out of money thanks to KELA and the american way of paying for the whole semester all at once. This month I have paid for the whole spring terms rent  (2000), KELA thingys (1500) I had to cause m so bloody rich from their point of view. Besides that I had to pay for the books I needed (400), for orientation week and a bunch of all little thingys you'd never pay in a Finnish school system. And of course I've had to buy all that stuff you need in your room, like pillow, sheets, blankets and stuff. Yes, and food would be nice, too.

Despite of this endless mountain of charges I'm happy. Life is good and I love my friends here.Still gotta say I'm not going school here full time, though. The tuition fees and other fees related to University and studying are incredibly high. I quickly calculated in my head, that a single semester here costs you about 12 000$. So it's 24 000$ a year then. Uhh.

But now, the halftime is almost gone, so I gotta go back to the game!
Did I mention - GO PACKERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment